Franke Park Pavilion:
Established in 1921, Franke Park is one of Fort Wayne’s most significant cultural and ecological resources which has served the recreational needs of the community for 100 years. A “General Plan” for the park was created in 1926 by Arthur Shurtleff, and although it was never fully implemented, portions of it have formed the park we know today.
The Franke Park Master Plan was completed in 2019. This plan, informed by the history of the park, robust public and stakeholder input, and current uses in the park, is our guide for the renaissance of Franke Park as we look forward to another 100 years. We are ready to begin the implementation of the master plan with Phase 1, which includes a new entrance into the park from Goshen Road, a new multi-use rentable pavilion and other upgrades.